Your privacy is important to ExponentHR. This notice describes how ExponentHR collects information from people who visit ExponentHR’s publicly facing, non-password protected websites (“Websites”) as well as how it may use and, in some cases, may disclose that information.
This notice does not apply to ExponentHR’s practices concerning the information that it receives or collects from its customers or its customers’ employees available through its password protected ExponentHR human capital management portal.
Types of Personal Information
“Personal Information”, is data that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, email, or address.
“Non-personal information” includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information, platform types and site analytics.
How ExponentHR Collects Personal Information
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
- User Submitted – We may collect Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example, you may provide Personal Information when you fill in forms on our Websites in order to receive promotional materials.
- Cookies – Like many other commercial websites, we may utilize a standard web technology called “cookies” to collect and store information about how our site is used. Cookies were designed to help a website operator determine that a particular user previously visited the site and thus save and remember any preferences that may have been set by the user. Cookies do not retrieve any other data from your hard drive or obtain your e-mail address.
- Web Beacons – A web beacon (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) is an electronic file on a web page that allows one to count and recognize users who have visited that page or opened an email.
- Web Server Logs – The log data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of the Websites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- Third Party Sources– Other companies or individuals may provide us with the contact information of businesses or individuals who they think may be interested in our products or services.
How ExponentHR Uses and Discloses Personal Information
We do not sell Personal Information. ExponentHR collects and may use personal information for a variety of reasons, including to:
- manage your registration;
- send you information about news, webinars and events that may be of interest to you;
- provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services;
- ease your use of the site by, for example, saving preferences or pre-populating forms;
- help maintain the security and functionality of the site; or,
- make improvement to our site or products.
Prior to disclosing Personal Information to third parties, contractual provisions are used to afford similar protections to Personal Information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ExponentHR may also disclose Personal Information if required by law, for example to comply with requests from public and government authorities.
ExponentHR Websites may contain links to other sites, including those of our business partners. While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by other sites or for the content of what is offered on those sites. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of these websites before transmitting any personal identifiable information to third parties.
Access, Correction, and Deletion
You may request to unsubscribe from solicitations or to view, update, correct, or delete your Personal Information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our corporate network system uses industry standards and your information is kept secure and confidential through multiple security features and procedures. Even so, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secured. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. This is especially true for information transmitted via e-mail. We have no way of protecting unencrypted information sent to us until it reaches our servers. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our servers.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments at:
ATTN: Marketing – Privacy
4970 Landmark Place
Dallas, TX 75254