The Quality Assurance Engineer I (QAE-I) performs rigorous product testing to ensure that the developed software product/system meets the desired product goals, and adheres to the company’s usability standards. In addition, the QAE-I is responsible for regression testing necessary to ensure general system stability prior to product rollout.
The QAE-I will interact with Client Services and other client-facing departments to validate reported product issues. The QAE-I will also interact with Development to resolve confirmed issues and subsequently test all changes to ensure proper functionality and system stability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and qualification of all product releases.
- Collaborate with project managers and developers to ensure proper user experience and specification requirements are met. Ensure all deliverables are of high quality prior to client release. (Quality is defined as contributing to solutions that deliver a high quality end-to-end customer experience with a high degree of compliance with business and process documentation).
- Design, develop, and implement methodical test plans, test cases, test systems, and test procedures. Collaborate with the development team to identify the cause of test failures and to identify and apply optimal testing approaches.
- Provide input into the risk analysis, prioritization, and time estimations for new products. Prioritize testing efforts to focus on high-risk areas of functionality within the available timeline.
- Regularly communicate product readiness, level of quality, testing status, and testing results to the project team and all related parties.
- Develop and utilize SQL scripts to automate testing efforts.
- Independently identify the scope and impact of a problem and conduct additional analysis to identify defect cause and scope.
- Independently produce descriptions of product defects that rigorously and precisely quantify the problem.
- Verify that the completed feature is easy to understand and use.
- Interact with Client Services and Developers to validate and resolve issues reported in the field by internal and external customers.
- Independently manage one’s own time to achieve quality completion of multiple tasks within a varying environment with changing constraints.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability which the employer believes are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- BA or BS Degree at a 4-year College Institution, or equivalent
- Prior experience with software application development testing (web and/or desktop).
- Prior experience with the creation, implementation, and maintenance of test plans and test cases.
- Prior experience with test analysis concepts and techniques, such as test coverage analysis, domain analysis, and regression testing.
- Prior experience with automated testing tools and practices.
- Analytical skills necessary to understand software systems, and verify that they are operating within a given set of requirements and standards.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – Verbal, Written, and Face-to-Face.
- Innovative problem solving skills.
- Technical writing ability in a business environment.
- Operational Familiarity with Microsoft Office Presentation Products: Word, Excel, Internet Explorer.
- Ability to independently assess the proper level of testing required.
- Experience with SQL, HTML, ASP, and/or .NET development tools are a plus.
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Reasoning, remembering, mathematics, language ability.
- Talking – Expressing ideas by means of spoken word.
- Vision – Ability to see and read.
- Hearing – Ability to receive detailed information through oral and telephonic communication.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and does not change the “at will” employment relationship.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume or click below