Responsible for assisting in multi-state payroll tax requirements for clients located throughout the United States. The Junior Payroll Tax Analyst will work under the close supervision of the Payroll Tax Processing Supervisor to learn quarterly analysis and reconciliation of all tax data associated with the filing of payroll taxes. Will assist with all departmental functions including the quarterly verification of filings, basic tax return preparation, etc. Will assist with reconciliation of all historical data and ensuring that the historical tax data is transferred into Master Tax properly. May include communications with other internal groups to obtain missing/incomplete information. Will be assigned other tax related function as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist to reconcile and balance tax reports (i.e. year-end, quarterly)
- Prepare tax returns and file returns as required
- Assist with all departmental tax functions as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability which the employer believes are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Displays integrity, professionalism and the ability to deal with highly confidential information.
- Ability to research and identify problems, formulate and implement solutions.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy, ability to detect inconsistencies in data.
- Knowledge of and experience with payroll tax reporting and compliance issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle responsibility with limited supervision.
- Possess exceptional customer service skills and the ability to analyze a client environment
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Detailed and Working knowledge of the following:
- Payroll Tax Processing Software (i.e. MasterTax or similar)
- Internet software
- Spreadsheet software
- Word Processing software
- Advanced knowledge and ability to process reports required for reconciliation purposes
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and does not change the “at will” employment relationship.