A Data Solution Specialist is responsible for implementing and maintaining file feeds for all assigned clients. This person will be able to interpret file specifications and/or account structures provided by benefit carriers, vendors, and clients; speak intelligently to internal and external clients to further define requirements and resolve data discrepancies; effectively update internal applications via data-mapping; and communicate requirements to the internal development team to build new file logic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Hands-on configuration of benefit carrier, vendor, and custom file feeds, and maintenance of existing file feeds as assigned by Data Solution Manager
- Maintain project schedule deadlines and a sense of urgency
- Communicate file feed schedules, action items and requirements to clients, brokers, and carriers throughout each project and upon completion
- Provide support to Enterprise Services for escalated EDI questions or issues
- Communicate effectively with external vendors, clients, brokers, and internal project team members in various departments on a regular basis
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability which the employer believes are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions or by the discretion of the Data Solution Manager.
- Strong understanding of benefit enrollment data and eligibility criteria for various benefit plan types: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, FSA, HSA, retirement plans, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and application of data mapping
- Strong understanding of the ANSI X12, 834 Standard
- Detailed knowledge of various file transmission protocols (SFTP, FTP w/ PGP, etc.)
- General understanding of COBRA
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including the ability to effectively communicate technical requirements, concepts, and workflow with Programmers, Clients, Brokers, and internal team members
- Excellent project management skills
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience
- Two- or four-year degree or equivalent education or experience is required
- HR administration, benefits and payroll experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Notepad ++, Outlook
- Ability to quickly learn multiple proprietary, integrated software programs
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Reasoning, remembering, mathematics, language ability
- Sitting or walking most of the time
- Hearing – Ability to receive detailed information through oral and telephonic communication
- Talking – Ability to express ideas by means of spoken word
- Vision – Ability to see and read
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and does not change the “at will” employment relationship.
Email email@example.com with your resume or click below