Benefits Solution Specialist will be responsible for providing primary support to clients and internal ExponentHR team(s) in the areas of benefit implementations, benefit renewals and ongoing benefit related support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the implementation of client benefit offerings and set-up relating to all benefit maters, including but not limited to, health & welfare, voluntary plans, FSA & HSA plans.
- Meet with Clients and brokers to discuss, review & document all Benefit offerings; may collect and analyze client benefit documents and data to complete benefit implementation, renewal, and maintenance materials to ensure accurate and timely hands-on system setup in the Ben.exe program and data migration of existing enrollment.
- Compare client and ExponentHR processes and systems, identify workflow gaps and opportunities, and develop and recommend solutions that ensure client’s benefit related processes are complete and efficient.
- Analyze client benefit plans and client/carrier HRIS structures to facilitate benefit plan set-up and ongoing enrollment/eligibility maintenance within the ExponentHR system. Identify and liaison with client carriers and administrators to ensure client benefit rules, contract provisions and data are efficiently and successfully gathered and incorporated into ExponentHR.
- Process a Benefits Parallel which entails comparing all Benefit deductions generated in
ExponentHR versus the client’s historical payroll and identify, research, and correct (if needed)
- Identify and liaison with client benefit contacts, broker/consultants, and carriers/administrators to ensure client enrollment and eligibility data is transferred as required by client vendors; including but not limited to; health & welfare, voluntary plans, FSA & HSA plans
- Provide support to internal ExponentHR departments as needed for escalated questions regarding client benefit related issues and processes.
- Participate in client prospect meetings, as necessary, to provide benefit related information as it relates to client set-up and use of ExponentHR.
- Provide benefit knowledge and expertise throughout client benefit implementations, including
- both pre and post implementation periods, in the areas of:
- Benefits setup via classification of Employees and variances between Employee Groups
- Benefit system or process customization needs identified during client implementations.
- Benefit system implementation audits and issue resolution
- Participate in special internal and client Benefit related projects.
- Maintenance of Client Benefit setup after implementation, through Open Enrollment and any additional changes needed by the client.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Import tool will be utilized to load implementation data (Employee enrollments and Dependents/Dependent enrollments) from an Excel template completed by the Client/Broker.
- Ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel at an Intermediate Level
- Knowledge of Excel in the areas of formating, formulas, pivot tables are a necessity.
- Ability to relate to individuals at all levels within an organization.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of corporate benefit programs, processes, and systems prevalent in the industry
- Ability to interpret benefit plan documents, extract relevant implementation details, and translate into system setup information.
- Familiarity with common corporate benefit concepts, practices, and guidelines
- Ability to develop and deliver client presentations, as necessary.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area or 5 or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of three years of health and welfare benefit experience, general corporate HR/HRIS experience may be combined to meet requirements.
- A minimum of three years of hands-on experience configuring and updating benefit administration systems
- Knowledge and experience in benefit regulations, Plan compliance, employee relations and communications, HRIS implementations, training & development, payroll, and client relationship management, and customer services
- Experience in HRIS, Outsourcing or related system and process implementation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook
- Proficient in Microsoft Teams
- Proficient in Microsoft SharePoint
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Benefit Enrollment and Eligibility Maintenance Systems
- Payroll Systems
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Reasoning, remembering, mathematics, language ability.
- Talking – Expressing ideas by means of spoken word.
- Vision – Ability to see and read.
- Hearing – Ability to receive detailed information through oral and telephonic communication.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and does not change the “at will” employment relationship.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume or click below